Thursday 21 June 2007

Ascot Gold Cup...

Well, I was really busy partaking in my favourite household task.... ironing (I really do not think so!). To make the time seem less painful I thought I would switch on the TV and see what entertainment could be watched to move the iron more smoothly.

AAAAAaaaaah Hhhhhhaaaaa horse racing... today is a very special and important day in the calendar of horse racing in UK. Called Ascot, it is a wonderful race course in the county of Berkshire.

Today, is Ladies Day when everybody has to dress up. Men in morning suits with top hats and ladies have all their finery on including the obligatory hat. It is the most wonderful fashion show with everyone trying to outdo the other - the colours, styles, incredible. Also, today the Queen of England attends, herself a keen horsewoman who loves horse racing!

Anyway, as I watched whilst trying to iron that seam straight, I realised it was the Gold Cup - a very big race over 2.5 miles. Plenty of horses running. Last year's horse called Yeats won and was top favourite again this year. Yes, she thought to herself..... bid, I mean bet!!!

OK, on to the computer to do this.... what do you do, how do you do it, etc etc!!!!!!!!! Before you know it, too late..... and you know what? I would have bet on the top favourite and won mega bucks.

Oh well, now the ironing is finished and I shall go back to Etsy after completing this blog to share my misery with you all!!!!

Until the next eventful time:)

No comments:

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.