Wednesday 14 May 2008

A story of two quilts

A friend of ours was expecting their first baby and not knowing what the 'part number' would be I decided to make one fit for a princess and one for a prince!

My favourite type of fabric is Laura Ashely, especially vintage Laura Ashley. Many years ago in the UK you used to be able to buy packs of ready cut fabric for patchwork. Instead I decided to use some of my huge hoard of fabric from my old collection.

For the princess quilt I used a pink and white patchwork combination with a few random hearts thrown in for good measure. Each corner of the square was hand tied with pink acrylic wool.

Now for the prince quilt I decided to use a yellow with a blue and white patterned combination. To brighten up the patchwork I fused some nursery rhyme characters, again from the Laura Ashley vintage collection. Again, I hand tied the quilt with blue wool.

So when the day dawned and we got the news...... it was a princess quilt that then winged its way to its new owner!




Now I have the prince quilt for sale in my Etsy shop for another prince out there!




Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.