Wednesday 17 November 2010

The air is filled with romance!

When I offered to write a post for our blog I was scratching my head for a subject matter when …….

Yesterday, Clarence House (Prince Charles' residence and office) made an official announcement, Prince William and Kate Middleton had become engaged….. and …… William had given his mother’s engagement ring which was very special to him, and wanted to share it with his ‘someone’ very special. image He said, "It is my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on the day and the excitement and the fact that we're going to spend the rest of our lives together."  Aaaaah.

During these days of stories of hardship and austerity it is so wonderful to have good news and something lovely to look forward to!  Well, I am a romantic at heart after all.

It is amazing how a story such as this spreads across the world to quickly!  Perhaps it might have something to do with who William is and his family history?  Would the media etc have the same interest otherwise?  Mind you, it is a royal story, we all like to dream and imagine.  So, let’s just wallow and then we can get on with our lives.

Talking about getting on with our lives, following on loosely in the theme of blue which is the colour of the sapphire in the ring, happiness and celebrations take a look at the following examples of the amazing talent that can be found in the BBEST team.

Happiness by Chauncey

image

Fabric and Lace Bracelet by Libertybelle

image

Blue Day Lily by Heronkate

image

Diamond white bridal bracelet by Bridal Jewelry

image

Two Feathers by VanFleetStreetDesign

image

… and there is more to come!

Simply Fascinating by Imaginuity

image

Green and Blue Flower ring by Zudagay

image

But, hey!  Why just go with my choices when there are sooooooooooooo many many more items to view and choose.  Just click on the following link to the BBEST team and have fun!

Here’s to next year and the happy couple!

No comments:

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.