Saturday 20 December 2008

What a busy time this is!


I haven't actually been creating or making anything for any of my shops because this is the time of year to be busy with preparations for the BIG day!!! Someone told me that this time next week it would be just a distant memory...but think of all the giving and eating to be done in the mean time!!!!

Just today trying out a new recipe for little mince cakes, that's right cakes, not mince pies. Sounded like fun!

Here is a picture of them just out of the oven.....
A sponge type mixture of which one spoonful was placed in first, then a spoonful of mincemeat (the sweet stuff!) followed by another spoonful of the cake mixture. 18 minutes later... Voila!!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Scrumptious...

Julia Catherine said...

That sounds like a really good idea. The pies are a bit strong for me, mixing the mince with cake seems like it could help with some of that spice. I just made some goodies too, sort of a sabbatical from jewelry.

The Filigree Garden said...

These look yummy! Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.