Wednesday 18 February 2009

I was undecided so…..

A couple of posts ago I described a quiltie I had created for a swap group I belong to. Once I sat and thought about it, I looked hard again but decided that maybe I could do better!

So, I took some felt viscose from Sassalynne’s Shop on Etsy and used that as a base. Now taking various handmade papers I cut out rectangle shapes to place and sew. To finish I attached a vintage button from my MIL’s collection but placed some seed beads in its centre. For the reverse I simply took another piece of the felted viscose and zigzagged a border to keep it all together. And so, an Abstract Pink Rectangle Quiltie was born!

Feb 09 Abstract quiltie

As its predecessor it measures 5” square. Hopefully this will look better than my Valentine quiltie. Regardless, it has now been posted so I had better stop trying to make my mind up and being so undecided!


6 comments:

Dena said...

I LOVE this little beauty Pat. Very nice!

Unknown said...

Pat, this one is simply gorgeous. I love the way you combine paper and fiber to create something so delightful and amazing!

CAT Productions said...

It's lovely!

Donnalda Does Art said...

Pat, Actually I like them both. But it is important to do one's best.

On a Whimsey said...

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments! Hope the swapee likes it as much!
Pat (PQ)

Alis Clair said...

I love it! Just my colours. The swapee will love it too.
Liked the other one too you clever thing.

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.