Monday 2 February 2009

Some wonderful quilt items

It's snowing outside, cold and wet so what better time to go internet browsing!  I decided to see what I could find in a team I belong to called Boomers and Beyond Etsy Street Team or BBEST for short!

Since we are experiencing above average snow fall for UK I thought I would turn my thoughts to finding quilted items whether they are useful or just really attractive and pretty.

image

 

Circles 'n Squares Small Textile Art

Liz Plummer, who hails from the UK,  describes this quilt as a small quilted wallhanging which  is a colourful, playful one which would look great in a child's room or to brighten up a gloomy room. Particularly if you like sweets/candy!

 

Another form using quilting is from Libertybelle's shop

image

 

Flower Fairy Fabric Postcard

This pretty fabric postcard is made with flower fairy fabric and has been embellished with cute little pink heart buttons. It is finished with lace and hand embroidery.

I don't know about the title of this one except winter flurries might be more appropriate!

image

 

 

Art Quilt Autumn Flurries

by Artmixter who explains that this hand dyed cloth is raw edge applique'd onto a rich blue velvet base, sprinkled with sequin leaves that spiral in the painted and stitched spiral of the wind, with a golden flower in the centre.

No amount of chat etc would allow this team to focus away from one important influence.......

image

.... that of chocolate!!

Karen Quilted and Beaded Bag in Chocolate and Blue

Chocolate brown and blue 100 percent cotton fabrics, long brown and pink beading, and silver metal accents make the Karen bag one you will grab often thanks to Kimbuktu

 

Since you now have the chocolate, how about a nice warm cup of tea?  The tea would have been kept warm by placing the teapot in this cute tea cozy by Nonnie60.

image

 

Quilted Mini Tea Cozy - Country/Folk Art Design

This mini-tea cozy was designed and sewn by Nonnie using a quilted cotton fabric in a country or folk art design. It was designed specifically for the nesting 2C pot and cup, which when assembled stand approximately 6" high. It also accommodates any 1C mini-pot. as shown in the main photo. It can also rest on top of a large mug to keep coffee or tea from cooling off too quickly.

Tempted yet?  Why not browse some more?  You will be amazed at the talent in this group!!!

4 comments:

Margaret Garrood said...

What lovely quilted items you have included in your blog. I am honoured that you have added one of my postcards- thank you!

artmixter said...

What a lovely selection of items, thank you for including my quilt!

PersimonDreams said...

Wonderful collection of quilts! I've seen a few before but now I have a few new fav's as well :)

FabricFascination said...

How very sweet of you to include my bag Pat. Thank you very much!

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.