Being part of a mixed fibre/textile group can be daunting! Well, for me anyway! I am still very much finding my feet and learning what to do with various textiles etc. So, I took the bull by the horns and decided to join in this month's challenge of creating a 5" quiltie under the title of Abstract.
I had some red felt left over from a previous project onto which I blanket stitched some hearts. Each heart was embellished with beads whilst the larger of the hearts had a lazy daisy stitch onto which I embroidered beads too! Then I had some pretty ribbon left over which I attached. Looking around my room I spotted a small gauze bag that had been used to hold the soap tablet in the washing machine. This was cut up to fit the quiltie. Now I had to add a little interest so decided on some glittery gold and purly snow flakes that I had used on some homemade cards! The look was completed with a blanket stitch around the quiltie and embellished with more white beads!
I always love to see what others have achieved or created and wonder at their expertise! Their creations always look so professional but I will continue to keep on and through trial and error will, one day, try to reach a better creation. Meanwhile, back to the drawing board! I might even experiment a little more and might be able to produce something better. We shall see!