Thursday 2 April 2009

The wonder of swaps!

A spring running down the valley

Still on the subject of the ‘Spring’ swap the ACEO created under my OAW banner was created in the encaustic medium or painting in wax.  Using my trusty travel iron and hot stylus for detail I imagined this stream running through some rocky crags with plants rearing their heads gingerly as Spring approached.

Firstly from Hemlock came image this beauty.  She even used rocks (pebbles!) from her creek.  Very pretty!

I think this was a ‘first’ and hopefully, not the last.

Personally, I thought it was a wonderful way to introduce ACEOs to creators new to this format.  To some ACEOs can be very daunting; to have to work in such a small piece of art can be challenging when you are not used to it.  However, these two folk had never attempted this before and there were many who have realised what a fun and interesting size it is to work on!

PQ

1 comment:

Audrey said...

WOW!! They are both amazing! I would love to have such a wonderful imagination.

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.