Friday 3 October 2008

I've been tagged!!!!

Thank you for tagging me..... I was tagged this morning by sassalynne.etsy.com so now I guess I will have to reveal 6 secrets, or little known things about me before I tag 6 others!!!

  1. I love food.... well, that is no secret but did you know I subscribe to the BBC Good Food magazine? Here I get some lovely recipes and loads of inspiration.
  2. My first few years of schooling were done at home by my mother who received help through a postal school course from Brisbane, Australia. We lived in Indonesia where there was a shortage of English speaking schools. I still remember the handwriting exercises. The pages were all lined with solid lines and dotted lines so that you knew how to draw the loops in the various letters. Rewards consisted of different stamps of various wild life of Australia like kangaroos, flat billed platypus etc depending on the range of merit awarded.
  3. I did ballet from the age of 3 until I was about 9 years old. Never quite managed to stand on ballet pointes! Originally started ballet to strengthen my ankles.
  4. Dutch was my first language until the age of 8. We lived in Indonesia which at the time was a Dutch colony, the Dutch East Indies.
  5. Whenever my parents went out to their cocktail parties etc (in Indonesia) I used to get up and sneak to the servant's quarters where I used to have great fun playing with their children! Once or twice did get caught and was suitably punished!
  6. Whilst in the WRAF (many years ago!) I first travelled to the US on what was called a.... US Trainer! It was mainly for the flight deck but you had to have cabin crew consisting of Air Loadmasters and Stewards. We had three or four crews on board, did all our own catering by shopping in the military BX (on base shopping centre) with cash from the flight imprest. Once we thought we would be clever and bought frozen prawns which looked huge to us! Only thing was they were raw. Now, thawing them out and then peeling them in a confined aircraft galley... not good!

And so, I have disclosed some secrets so will now announce who I will tag! Oh Joy!!!!

AlwaysAmy or see this blog
NaturalAmber or see this blog
Raechele's or see this blog
blazingneedles or see this blog
BrighidsForge or see this blog
gunnelsvensson or see this blog

7 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Really interesting Pat, thanks for sharing.

gunnelsvensson said...

Yes, it´s always intresteting to read about the person behind the blog ;-)

Nuvofelt said...

LOL, Pat, thanks for responding. good to learn more about you

Margaret Garrood said...

What an interesting life you have had.

nichole said...

I LOVE tag posts. It's so fun to read the things people are willing to reveal about themselves.

Judy Nolan said...

What an interesting life you have led, Pat!

AltheaP said...

A lovely life so far . . .

Sale Corner!

Occasionally I will show items that are for sale from me direct which can be paid for using Paypal. Always check to see shipping charges which will need to be added to the item amount!

For regular prices check out my Etsy shop, as well as my sister shop on Etsy which also sells encaustic art http://onawhimsey.etsy.com

Some paintings can be bought directly from my website http://onawhimsey.com

Some samples of my present & past work to give you inspiration for that special gift!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Precious Quilts. Make your own badge here.